Who doesn’t love flowers? The use of flowers has been on for years. It has been used for cooking, decoration etc. However, there has been stories of people either having allergic reactions or a more serious case of poisoning after consuming some flowers. This has led more people to being skeptical about consuming any kind of flowers at all. The truth is that, although, a lot of edible flowers exist, there are some inedible , poisonous ones that should be avoided. This is because they are known to cause serious poisoning that can possibly lead to death. You can keep these plants but you should closely watch your kids and pets and ensure they do not get close to them.

 Below is a list of poisonous flowers you should avoid.

  1. Lily of the valley: It contains poisonous chemicals known as cardiac glycosides, which cause symptoms such as vomiting, rashes, nausea etc. if these symptoms are left untreated, they could lead to death.
  2. Foxglove: As attractive as this flower may appear to be, it is dangerous. The leaves, flowers and seeds of the plant itself can cause seizures, drooling, dilated pupils, vomiting and death, if left untreated. This goes in accordance with the popular saying”not all that glitters is good”.
  3. Morning Glory: Does this flower really act like the name says? Morning glory is one of the flowers that can get you hooked in a place with its colors. The deep blue color makes you think it is all edible, but that’s not the case. It can cause hallucinations, diarrhea and vomiting when consumed.
  4. Tulip: This is another irresistible but deadly flower you should avoid. It has a deep purple color that makes it stand out in the midst of other flowers. The entire plant itself is known to cause seizures, frothing in the mouth and death.
  5. Naked lady: The Naked lady has a pink color that distinguishes it from others. It combines the color pink with white in a way that has not been seen. However, it isn’t as friendly as it appears to be. The entire plant is poisonous and can cause tremors and death.
  6. Peace Lily: Peace Lily doesn’t give the peace it promises. The leaves alone are enough to cause a high level of toxicity.
  7. Peruvian Lily: This flower combines peach and pink in a very attractive way. It can cause vomiting and diarrhea.
  8. Yarrow: Yarrows are easy to spot in a flower cluster. The leaves and flowers are enough to give bumps on the skin as well as oozing sores. Stay away from them.
  9. Tulip: Everything about this flower suggests it is edible, but is it really edible? The flower, stem and bulb can cause salivation, diarrhea and vomiting.

If you intend to eat any flower, it is advisable you speak to your florist as they already know the safe and poisonous ones. Moyses Steve offers consultations as well as the same day flower delivery you may wish to speak to them before placing an order for flower delivery in London.

What is your reaction?

In Love
Not Sure

You may also like

Comments are closed.